A note on playlists

Greetings New Music lovers,

Since I'm now on every week instead of every other I (obviously) have twice as much air time to cover. As a result I'll be making some minor changes to my programming. First, I'll be expanding my primary focus from strictly 21st Century to music of the last 30 years. In addition to that I will be playing some works from outside of that 30 year limit, mostly by personal favorites like Harrison, Riley, Hauer, Ives, and the occasional bit of Gesualdo. (As I type this I'm listening to the wonderful Terry Riley & John Cale disc Church of Anthrax and wondering if it's too much of a Jazz/Rock album to play.) I'm also planning on adding a "Trip to the Vault" feature, dusting off some of the bizarre selections from WRIU's vinyl collection. (Avant-Garde flute works of the 20th Century? Hell Yes!)

So, I'm still committed to bringing you the freshest, hot-off-the-interwebs, Indie Classical/New Music I can find, and will continue to make that the main focus of my show, but now with some "older" music throw in the mix. And really, what's wrong with a little Moondog now and again?

No comments:

Post a Comment